Club Forum

Crankshaft oil seal to timing case

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
Zedman
Full Name: Richard Bentley

Crankshaft oil seal to timing case

Postby Zedman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Crankshaft oil seal to timing case seems to be leaking quite a bit of oil, any hints tips and guides on changing this seal would be appreciated, have changed timing belt and the modified timing tensioner so have been very close to the seal, is it easy to get out, any secret "Mathew's make the job" easy tips i need to know ?
Jeep wrangler / Defender owner
If its not rattling its more than likely fallen off !

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Fraid not , pull the front end apart again, oik it out n fit a new one then put it all back together.
Matthew

dave willard

Re: Crankshaft oil seal to timing case

Postby dave willard » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Zedman wrote:Crankshaft oil seal to timing case seems to be leaking quite a bit of oil, any hints tips and guides on changing this seal would be appreciated, have changed timing belt and the modified timing tensioner so have been very close to the seal, is it easy to get out, any secret "Mathew's make the job" easy tips i need to know ?

Hi
have you done it yet if not talk to me you dont need to remove the case there are easy ways to insert the eeal using reversed pulleyetc
also buy several seals they are cheap you can afford several goes

are you syre its not the cam seal very very easy to damage when putting the pump on I have a tool to make this easy may be worth getting one of these seals as well
I have seval seals if you want them
dave

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Dave you can't get to the crank oil seal without removing the belt/cambelt bottom drive pulley as its behind that , he's not talking about the timing case front seal but the crank oil seal.

Return to “Technical Info”