Club Forum

Memory Map problem

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
varleym
Full Name: Mark Varley

Memory Map problem

Postby varleym » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi - hope someone out there can help. I've got the latest version (V5) of MM on my PC and also the paid app on my iPad. Can transfer maps across from PC to iPad no problem but when I transfer routes, they do not show up on the iPad. Have tried both iTunes and e-mail routes and in both cases everything seems to work fine during the transfer process but the route isn't shown on the map and neither is it listed under "Load Saved Data" on the iPad. I'm transfering the file as a .gpx version.

Interestingly enough everything is fine the other way ie. I can create a route on the Ipad, e-mail it across to the PC, save it and import it into the PC Memory Map fine and the route shows up.

Rang Tech Support at Memory Map and they were stumped.

Grateful for any assistance or advice.

Cheers

Mark

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:56 pm

When you transfer via email, if you tao and hold on the attachment and select "open in.." are any apps other than Memory Map listed ?

If you want to drop in with the iPad I'll take a proper look at it and can do a side by side comparison as I have MM on iPhone and iPad.

Are you using iOS 5 and iCloud btw ?

varleym
Full Name: Mark Varley

Postby varleym » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Cheers Dave

Using iOS 4. Not sure what iCloud is !!!

I'll pop down one night this week and I'll bring that air filter assembly with me.

Mark

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:59 pm

iCloud is a way of sharing and syncing documents between devices, introduced with iOS 5. In the long term it'll be really useful but in the short term it "complicates" where and how documents are stored.

With iOS 4 you won't have iCloud so it's not that that's confusing Memory Map.

Return to “Technical Info”