Club Forum

Water in the injection pump

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
Jabba
Full Name: Dave Ladell

Water in the injection pump

Postby Jabba » Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 pm

After a playday at Tong, dabbling with some deep water (top of wing level), I seem to have got some into the injector pump. It's in the top under the diaphragm where the metering cone is but not above the diaphragm.

Is this a major problem or just something to keep an eye on after going through deep water?

Where would it be getting in through and is it something I can seal up?

Cheers, Dave

nicks90
Full Name: Nick Clayton

Postby nicks90 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:13 am

there should be a seal under the top cover - however if someones had the top of it off to play about with the diaphram and fuelling, then they might have damaged the mating surfaces.

dry it all out and check the mating surfaces for "screw driver" damage and use a tiny thin smear of instant gasket to re-seal it.
Bugger!
Another bloody dent...

Jabba
Full Name: Dave Ladell

Postby Jabba » Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks Nick. Pretty sure it's only Matthew and me that have had top off of the pump and no screwdrivers were used. There was never a seal between the two surfaces and the diaphragm seems to fit well into the bottom surface/groove. I've dried it out but will check the surfaces over and maybe use a little instant gasket as suggested.

Is there a breather hole to the underside of the diaphragm? It would make sense if there is to let the air move as the diaphragm gets pushed down by the turbo pressure to the top.

Return to “Technical Info”