Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
dave willard

90 suspension bushes

Postby dave willard » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi
I am going to rebush my new 90

Soft ride wanted & RTVing

Anyone have any thoughts on what make & where from

I have used the cheaper ones from Paddock in the past with no problems Using the oem on the chassis
Are the yellow Britpart any good
interested in what other members have found

Rubber bush removal
I have in the past burnt them out then cut most of the way thro with a hacksaw finally pushing out with an air chisel
I now feel a bit lazy so does anyone know where I can get the pushes pressed out while I wait taking the arms along at an agreed time

Dave

nicks90
Full Name: Nick Clayton

Postby nicks90 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:43 pm

If you go somewhere that will press out the old ones, you might as well buy some gen metalastic bushes and have them pressed in while you are there.
IMO they are by far the best bushes and give a much better ride than Poly's. Had deflex and genuine polybush red in mine and both felt too hard. Both have had failures trialling in less than 2 years - whereas the gen bushes lasted 110k miles and however many trials Brendan, and iI did.
My second set of polybush are now getting sloppy too......
Bugger!
Another bloody dent...

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:54 pm

SuperPro get my vote every time. Still using the same set in mine that I fitted for the 2008 Outback Challenge. So they've done 1 Outback Challenge, probably 40+ trials and whatever road mileage I've done in between.

The only ones that have been replaced are the panhard rod ones because I changed from an imperial to a metric panhard rod so had to fit the bigger bushes.

Return to “Technical Info”