Club Forum

Freelander Water Ingress

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
Bo
Full Name: Scot Chegg

Freelander Water Ingress

Postby Bo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:13 pm

In March 2004 we purchased a shiny new Freelander TD4, the wife loves it so all is well. Not quite, last year we noticed water in the lockable box in the boot. No big issue thinks I, it's a known problem and Landrover have a modification to fix it. As it was still under warrantee at the next service at Armstrong Massey on the Tadcaster Road, Bilbrough, York, it was booked in to have a modified rear door seal fitted. They needed the Freelander overnight to allow the bonding solution to dry and gave my wife a loan car which was good of them. The car was picked up the next day, my wife was told there should not be any more issues and again all was well in the world. Roll on 12 months, the car smells like a wet dog and the lockable box is damp. On inspection, Massey have not fitted a modified seal but simply knocked a screwdriver through the boot floor. I have attached a picture as I would not believe this either. To say I am fuming is an understatement and to compound it further the stuck up B**ch on the service reception calling me and my wife liars hasn't helped. Does anyone know anyone else that has had the Freelander Water Ingress sorted out by Massey's?
Attachments
100_0543 small.jpg
Landrover Mod??
5/4 of people admit that they’re bad with fractions.

shilo
Full Name: William Nick Warburton

Postby shilo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 pm

NO i havent mate but thats unbeliveable! Lazy buggers! i have a few sujestions of what to do myself but i dont think it would be apropriate to post them, and i'm sure you considered most yourself to.

Return to “Technical Info”