Club Forum

can anyone help!

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
discoshaun
Full Name: shaun law

can anyone help!

Postby discoshaun » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:11 am

hi guys,
wandering if anyone can either fit or recommend someone that can fit a clutch in my 300tdi disco. It wont be till next month cause im in afgan at the mo but it needs to be fixed so that i can get to one of the meets lol......
shaun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If In Doubt, Flat Out!!!! LOL

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:35 am

Whereabouts is your motor at the moment ?

I guess Maddison 4x4 (near Thirsk, about 3/4 mile from Alanbrooke Barracks) are the closest to you that I would recommend although it's a fair trek with a dodgy clutch if the motors up at Lingdale and I'm sure there will be someone closer.

Matthew (MatthewS on here) will also do a good job of it but he's based in Leeds so even further away.

discoshaun

Postby discoshaun » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:13 pm

moving me motor around isnt a problem as i just happen to have a spare disco and also a 6ft6in by 12ft trailer perfect to move the old girl around.
so travelling isnt a problem if you know someone who does a good job.....
thanks shaun

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:11 pm

I usually charge round £300 for complete job inc clutch (new release arm always fitted), knock 100 off if you supply the clutch but I only supply valeo ones .
Matthew

discoshaun

Postby discoshaun » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:28 am

i will let you know when i get back off tour. but i will no doubt bring it down to you to get done. thanks for that. how long doesit normally take you to do a clutch?

and i am also thinking of putting a new lump in the front as mine is a bit tried now how much would you charge to do this?

thanks shaun

Return to “Member's Vehicles”