Club Forum

RRC Vogue soft dash LPG

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
Johnb
Full Name: John Bilton

RRC Vogue soft dash LPG

Postby Johnb » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:47 pm

Well, some think I've completely lost the plot, but I've bought me a Vogue soft dash L reg RRC. Burgundy Metallic, chassis sound, Schutz starting to peel in places, but still sound. Engine bay, inner wings, headlight surrounds, sills etc, all sound just need a bit of cosmetic. Rear tailgate, well, that's an occupational hazard with an RRC!!! Paintwork OK, but just starting to go around rear arches, so will get it sorted by a pro.

Had no intention of buying it, until I started it up, ran sweet as a sewing machine, automatically switched straight over to gas, no problems. Went to check the exhaust output and noticed the RPi Engineering stickers on it. Went back to check engine, and had recently been rebuilt. Asked how much it was, £1300 as it had just come in as a part ex. Looked through paperwork, tried to suppress my smile, paid the man and drove off in it. Needs new front disks, steering damper and some cosmetics, tested till November. Will post some piccies when I find which box I packed the Nikkon charger into :oops:
"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

jim
Full Name: James Poulton

Postby jim » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Sounds like a great motor and it would make a very posh trialler. If you want to sell it let me know and i might buy it and trial it!

That would be fun to watch don't you think? :lol:

Cheers Jim
Jim Poulton :)

Johnb
Full Name: John Bilton

Postby Johnb » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:26 am

You can come and give it a once over anytime - it's only round the corner from you! Just noticed front diff is whining a bit, is this normal as you can't hear whether diffs are whining or not in a Defender :o
"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

Return to “Member's Vehicles”