Club Forum

The P38 Struggle continues............

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Rog, is that honda your bike or are you getting the lawnmower out :)

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

Postby bandiflip » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Oh no!!!....The pressure is mounting now...i wish i hadnt said anything!! ..lol
Nick,That tube thing is actually the anti-roll bar...i know what you mean,it looks like it will act as a sort of diff guard...or maybe not...as soon as it breaks..ITS GONE !!
will have to see...well...the sun is still out...time to get under the motor agian!
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

bandiflip

Postby bandiflip » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:31 pm

well am now all plumbed in and sealed up so hopefully dont have to avoid the wet stuff...I used a RangeRover Tdi air filter housing and sealed it all up with the Defender Td5 snorkel with a few modifications here and there, and if i say so myself it does look rather neat...The roof lights are now wired up,air horns wired up and now am on with re routing my exhaust,...still trying to get a rear jackable bumper made tho....any suggestions anyone???.
Well i hope the weather holds for the weekend as i still have LOADS to do.......but looking good for RHB..........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bandiflip

Postby bandiflip » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:46 pm

And thanks to another summers like day a bit more has been done...the remaining big numb back box from the exhaust is now on the scrap pile...the other one is in a muddy puddle somewhere at Frickley...but now its neatly tucked up behind the drivers rear wheel....washer bottle is fitted and plumbed in........apart from a few little jobs i think its about ready for the road!!....M.O.T next week....Fingers crossed!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TwoSheds
Full Name: Roger Watkinson

Postby TwoSheds » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:13 am

That's inspirational stuff for anyone with a P38 - makes me think it could even be worth looking at one since they are so cheap nowadays..
WRT the front anti-roll bar, aren't they normally solid and made from spring steel? If so it would probably work quite well as a diff guard wouldn't it ;)

bandiflip

Postby bandiflip » Sun May 03, 2009 9:20 pm

well i can now see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.....Spent ALL day fitting the bloody winch today (well i didnt get up til midday) and managed to get it in complete with extra battery and split charge system....bit of wiring and mounting my spare wheel next....I hope the car bloomin works off road!!

olzook
Full Name: oliver heselton

Postby olzook » Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Phil

Looking real good 8)

Hope its not too wide for those Lake District Lanes :shock:

bandiflip

Postby bandiflip » Mon May 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Oh Thanks for that.......as if i havent got enough doubts flying about my head already!!!
but thanks anyway.. :?

bandiflip

Postby bandiflip » Tue May 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Well....I'm on the road!!!!.....took a while but i got there.
I took it for M.O.T....tester was well impressed with my handy work,couldnt find a problem or advise anywhere..EXCELLENT !!..But while he took around the block to test brakes,My bloody radiator burst!!..GREAT !!
So,after relieving me of £150 for a rad at Northern Radiators,I was back on track,until on my way home....I set off,changed into second,gassed her up,Then BLARRRRR...NO POWER...tried again...same,Check all my intercooler pipes were still connected,OK...but one hose was very weak,When revving it up the hose was collapsing..So thats tommorro's job!!..Will it ever end?????????
But at least i can drive it to work now so i can fix it in the luxury of our nice,tiled ,heated workshop.......Hmmmm,been messing about with my air intake and found the cause of my BLARRRRRR......my engine in being strangled by the snorkle.....Back to the drawing board !!!
Last edited by bandiflip on Fri May 15, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bandiflip

CHRISTENED !!!

Postby bandiflip » Thu May 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Well....i have tried it over a couple of lumps and bumps just to try my suspension travel and see what rubs and what doesnt...so far,a bit of the wheel arch liners are coming off but thats it from what i can see....Lakes here i come (i hope) :D :D :D

tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Sat May 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Yes I forgot to read the big sign up at the airport too.

Looks great well done

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

bandiflip

Postby bandiflip » Sat May 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Cheers Nick.....err....what sign????????????????????? :lol:

Return to “Member's Vehicles”