Club Forum

Hell's Earth Strap

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Hell's Earth Strap

Postby tecnick » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:47 pm

I have just had a couple of hours from hell, just to undo and clean up an earth strap. Firstly, five o'clock is exactly the wrong time to start a job because the kids are about to have their tea (Sophie has been on solids for 24hrs) then its bath time. Ben wanted to be outside with the spanners but cant coz we have no gate and live on an A road so he screamed for ages.
I started the job but the very rusty nut rounded off in seconds. Then I spent 20 mins looking for the mole grips which eventually helped sheer off the bolt head.
I couldnt find an M8 nut and bolt so walked to the shop to buy one. Nearest shop is Homebase so had to spend £2.50 on four bolts.

When I got home it was dark so went to cubby box to find the head torch missing. All other torches have dead batteries. Wind up torch is s**t.

Finished the job using a single LED folding book mark :!: Went inside to find my fish fingers, chips and beans (Ben likes them) stuck to the bottom of the oven.

I love having a hobby :shock: :?

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

Postby bandiflip » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 pm

ONE LIFE....LIVE IT !!...................YEAH RIGHT !!!
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

nicks90
Full Name: Nick Clayton

Postby nicks90 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:46 pm

ahhhhh, the joys of landrover ownership! :lol:
Bugger!
Another bloody dent...

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:55 pm

Bet you wished you just left it to me to do now aren't you :twisted: I'll be sorted and back on your drive for Sat eve/Sun morning for you to collect.
Matthew

Return to “Member's Vehicles”