Club Forum

PROJECT AUTO

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:12 pm

warn website has all that stuff on it under fitting instructions I think, off top of head 4 inches top to botton and 10 inches sideways, they're yank so still work in old money as metric is too complicated !!
Matthew (no offence intended to any Americans on the forum BTW)

Matthews
Treasurer

Postby Matthews » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:05 pm

How's the build doin ? or shouldn't I ask , you've only got a day and a half before Ireland !

bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

Postby bandiflip » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:07 pm

If He'd of concentrated more on the build instaed of bitching about certain magazine articles it might of been done AGES ago !!... :lol: :lol: :lol:
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

olzook
Full Name: oliver heselton

Postby olzook » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Dont ask.

At this rate i'll miss Ireland in 2010. :shock:

bandiflip

Postby bandiflip » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:28 pm

crack on Oliver......Soooo much better with only 2 pedals !!

just sold the old P38 diesel with its horrible 3 pedals !!

olzook

Postby olzook » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Problem is the ex britsh ccc champ building the car has taken up comp safari racing again.

His Warrior racer has eaten transmissions and its porsche engine. He is just instralling an engine from a nissan 350z (V6 quad cam monster).

So my motor isnt really getting a look in at present, the cage is neally done as is the PPCages front end but thats it. Havnt spent a penny yet so thats something.

Briercliffe is looking very unlikely now so miht help set up and marshall so you'd all better be nice, especially you Phil !!

olzook

Postby olzook » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:29 pm

Still not much progress.

Cage all now done, as is a rather nice tubular rear cross member, why he did that not even Robin nows, but it does look nice, and as if by magic would accpet a fairlead if needed 8)

But I have got the 255/85/16 KM2s which are like hens teeth at present.

They look really good, nice deep wide treads, good side biters but lots of £££s, so I hope they work. For MTs they look as good as the old grizzlys were but time will tell.

Matthew has been very helpfull and offered to test them for me at Briercliffe this weekend :shock: bless him :?

Oliver.

olzook

Postby olzook » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 pm

So here we are at the end of 2009.

Progress on the 90....... erm NONE. :evil:

I am well p****d off as the new season will soon be here and with work and family commitmenst I still havent time to roll my own sleaves up.

As a result the project may be no more. I have given him untill the new year to get a move on but somehow I dont think it will happen. I will then go and get all my bits - roll cage, tubular front end and everything else but still wont have a vehicle. :cry:

It is a pain that the order was placed with him in July and we are still at this point.

As a result the I.O.M trip may be off for me, will keep you all informed in the new year.

Have a good one.

Oliver

pamw
Official
Full Name: Pam White

Postby pamw » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Bummer!

For the outlay so far it would be a shame to let it all go to waste.

Not sure what sort of deal you had going with the guy but if he isn't putting the time into it is there any chance of getting someone else to build it instead ? If you could get all the bits together and moved?

Matthew? Patrick at Maddison4x4?
Archaeology - my career in ruins !

olzook

Postby olzook » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:30 pm

At present I dont have much outlay but it depends on how it will all end up.

The donor disco was already in his breakers yard.

The donor 90 was sourced by him but for very little.

I have bought the winch of Matthew, wheels, tyres, PPcages front end and other odds and sods but not too much.

If it all goes wrong then it depends on whether it ends nasty and he wants all his time to date paying for, which, as he has not honoured what he agreed to do I will not be doing!!!

At the end of the day he might in his slow ad-hoc fashion build the thing and then sell it to a customer himself so he shouldnt have any loss.

Still leaves me without a vehicle though.

I have built my own race cars in the past and can do most things apart from weld(nicely) and electrics are just a dark art, plus it would take forever in eveningsd to get anywhere.

The best thing about Robin as compared to some others is that he is fairly cheap.

Dont really know what to do so will see what the new year brings.

Matthews
Treasurer

Postby Matthews » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:32 pm

As Pam suggested don't make any hasty decisions, sort out what you've got parts wise and how much Robin wants to release everything and then talk to people before making a decision, I don't know about Patrick but I usually do a reduced labour rate for non major rush/large projects and a lot of the very large outlay (cage and chassis type work) have already been made, given the time issues you've already had it may not be the correct thing to say but don't rush out and do anything rash.
Matthew

olzook

Postby olzook » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Having given Robin the hard word he has now confirmed the following.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The roll cage is all welded up and complete as are the jackable sills and both are ready for powder coating,
winch mounting is made and also ready for powder coating next week

The engine and gearbox mountings, roll cage mountings have all been fixed to the chassis.

All the castor correction arms, polybushes, springs and shockers all are ordered to arrive next week.

The body has been removed from the old chassis and is being prepared for reassembly.

Robin is planning on having everything ready for painting in the next 3 weeks
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So things are looking a bit better.

pamw
Official
Full Name: Pam White

Postby pamw » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Sounds more promising!

I'm hoping my 90 on the road (but not completely finished off) by the end of the month. Its MOT is due on the 21st but at the mo it is touch and go whether it will make it for that... still lots to do and things to get...

Hope everything goes as planned with yours!

:)
Archaeology - my career in ruins !

olzook

Postby olzook » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am

Latest up date from Robin.
--------------------------------------------------
The chassis is painted and the axles are painted. The poly bushes are fitted, the axles have been fitted back to chassis, the springs and shockers are fitted, heavy duty steering arms and new steering damper are fitted.

Engine and gearbox are being fitted this afternoon, the new brake pipes are going on tomorrow and the body is being refitted ready for painting next week. The roll cage and all other parts have been away for powder coating and they will be fitted when the painting is finished.
---------------------------------------------------

Getting there :)

bandiflip

Postby bandiflip » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Sounds like the job is on fire now!!..Be ready in Noooo time !!

Return to “Member's Vehicles”