Club Forum

Another 90 joins the pack ...............

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
varleym
Full Name: Mark Varley

Bulkhead

Postby varleym » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:10 pm

So.............. went to collect my bulkhead from the nice man with the electric glue gun who made a very neat job of repairing the footwells. After struggling with it into the trailer again I decided to strip it down further, mainly to make it easier to paint (did I mention I'm fancying lime green :D :D ) but also to make it a bit lighter to handle.

When I removed the fold-down screen I found this (see piccies below) on the near-side. Strangely I've poked about with the off-side and it's fine. Anyway, just ordered a bulkhead repair panel from YRM. I'm hoping I can get away with just replacing the top bit, but we'll see.

When I've got the bulkhead sorted I'm gonna do as Bo suggested and turn it upside down and put plenty of waxoyl in it before fitting.

Ah - the joys of a re-build !!!

Cheers

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Lime green, mmm, have we had a lime green? Did Dave W have one in yesteryear? Anyway, I think you should make it like a Blue Peter competition, we could all vote on a colour and you have to go with it even if you hate it just like the re-build of York Minster. I bet no one wanted those kids designs on the bloody ceiling :shock:

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

Jabba
Full Name: Dave Ladell

Postby Jabba » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Sorry to put a downer on this but I don't think the repair panel will go all the way over the top section that you need. The folder piece on the repair panel that goes under the screen was quite short on mine (from YRM). You should be able to use the lower front part that you might not need to make up the rest under the screen.

Rod
Full Name: tony

Postby Rod » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:19 pm

I think Bo has got a Lime green motor hiding some where

And Nick you've no room to talk PINK !!!!!!!!!!!!
Stercus fit !

Zedman
Full Name: Richard Bentley

Check out these repair panels

Postby Zedman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Check out these repair panels ( make sure i got the right part, still a bit new to Land rovers)

http://www.yrm-metal-solutions.co.uk/00 ... s-14-p.asp

£17 a pair if I read it correctly

They might do the trick ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zedman on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeep wrangler / Defender owner
If its not rattling its more than likely fallen off !

Bo
Full Name: Scot Chegg

Postby Bo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Rod wrote:I think Bo has got a Lime green motor hiding some where

Nothing wrong with Lime Green, especially when its Claas tractor green enamel at £10/lt.

Mark, if you need a piece of metal folding for the top of the bulkhead give me a shout as I have a 3' folder.
5/4 of people admit that they’re bad with fractions.

varleym

Colour

Postby varleym » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:37 am

Cheers Bo, that's exactly the colour I'm after. Presumably enamel can be sprayed on over cellulose OK?

Bo
Full Name: Scot Chegg

Postby Bo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 am

As it always says on the tin, try it on a small patch first but from past experience, it does pretty much go over anything. Strangley enough, the colour is known as Claas Green and the 1999> is the brightest colour.
5/4 of people admit that they’re bad with fractions.

nicks90
Full Name: Nick Clayton

Postby nicks90 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 am

that chav in me has always fancied doing my 90 in Kawasaki green with black trim on the wheelarches, body cappings and rock sliders......
:shock:
but i think that green is a bit nicer on the retinas, go for it.
Bugger!
Another bloody dent...

Jabba
Full Name: Dave Ladell

Postby Jabba » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 am

Kawasaki Mean Green works for me. But then I also had a Triumph Speed Triple in their lime green. Now that was a nice colour! 8)

Graeme C.
Full Name: Graeme Christie

Postby Graeme C. » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Daves Old Range Rover.

Zedman
Full Name: Richard Bentley

MMM brash colours

Postby Zedman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:23 pm

I would personaly fancy dayglow florecent orange but people might confuse it witha Jiminy

But I always fancied Yellow and Black stripes, ulitimate theft deterent also, "yes Mr plod, I have had just had my defender nicked but you cant miss it, Yellow and Black stripes", even the dummist chav would think twice before driving that off ?

Ohh and when was a bit younger I nearly resprayed my Motorcycle, a CBR600 but at that time I didnt want to get noticed for obvious reasons, now I'm old and law abiding it might just happen )))
Jeep wrangler / Defender owner

If its not rattling its more than likely fallen off !

tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 pm

I still dream of my arles blue 90, what a colour, not very common, not seen many :roll: (didnt see mine for long mind, it was knicked within two week) :shock:

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

varleym

Progress Update - Tue 16th Nov

Postby varleym » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 pm

Got the engine & 'box fitted thanks to some great help from Phil - almost feels like I could drive it away !!

Only dropped the suspension down just under 2 inches and made very little difference to the caster angle of the axle so I'm probably going to go for some caster correcting arms (Paddocks?).

Anyway, next jobs are checking the timing belt for wear and replacing if required whist I've got good access. Once the new arms are on I'll be fitting the steering components (Discovery drop-arm with track-rod ends on both ends of the drag link) and panhard rod.

Stay tuned :)

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Bit of a disaster waiting to happen with all that weight on front axle and no hockey sticks fitted, chuck one back on as a safety measure please.
Matthew

Return to “Member's Vehicles”