Club Forum

Range Rover classic wiring loom

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
holmesy
Full Name: John Mark Holmes

Range Rover classic wiring loom

Postby holmesy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:55 am

Hi, my first post on here. Just looking for some guidance advice etc. Need a new loom for my Range Rover classic, one of the wires burnt back to bare metal and affecting all the lighting. Any place best to acquire a new one? Auto spark says section unrepairable because not sure how much damage has been done to the rest of the loom. Thanks in advance Mark

Bo
Full Name: Scot Chegg

Postby Bo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.
Identifying the correct wiring loom for a classic is a nightmare as there are so many of them and even if you do find the right new one they are a fortune. Having had quite a few RRC's now and having experienced a few episodes of wire letting their smoke out, most can be overcome by replacing the wire that has burned through with one externally taped to the loom.
What year is your RRC?
Bo!
5/4 of people admit that they’re bad with fractions.

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:04 pm

I might have most of the loom from a 3.5 carb RR classic in my shed will be about X reg if memory serves me right , will swap for a pint or 2.
Matthew

holmesy
Full Name: John Mark Holmes

Postby holmesy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Sorry about the late reply, work getting in the way. Bo it's a 1982 3.5 v8 with an LPG conversion. Matthew I'd be happy to sort out a pint or 2 for the loom.
Thanks Mark

Return to “Technical Info”