Club Forum

Kingpin ????

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

Kingpin ????

Postby bandiflip » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Anyone used any Kingpin tyres??? I know theyve been around for donkeys years but I've never heard anything good or bad about them....anyone used any before????????
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:12 am

I had some on my series motor years ago. From what i remember they were cheap and lasted forever... mainly because the compound they used was so hard the road would wear out quicker than the tyre.

The downside of that was that they were completely lethal if the road wasn't hot enough for the asphalt to melt and give you grip, if it rained it was safest to park up somewhere and wait for the road to dry out :)

kingsonlim
Full Name: Kingson Lim

Postby kingsonlim » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:46 am

Am currently using Kingpin Highlander remoulds.....7.50/16......seen a few other club members using the same. They are the same as the diamonds pattern. Found them having slightly less grip in the mud compared to the Simex's pattern, but more grip on rocky surface , as well as more grip on tarmac. Will be testing them when it snows :D

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:18 pm

I had the tread come off one on the motorway once and trash a front wing (still inflated and running on carcass but the whole tread peeled off) so won't touch them , and no I wasn't exceeding their speed rating before you ask, monarch on the other hand were fine.

Return to “Technical Info”