Club Forum

press

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
kingsonlim
Full Name: Kingson Lim

press

Postby kingsonlim » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:16 pm

does anyone has a press I can borrow? Am going to re-bush the 110 with standard rubber bushes in the next month or so before next MOT. Beer token available :wink:

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Stupid man !!!!!!, unless you've got exaclty the correct size dies and supports you'll screw the new bushes trying to fit them even with a 30T press, get your hand in your wallet and fit poly's.
Matthew

tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:16 pm

That's you told :wink:

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

TwoSheds
Full Name: Roger Watkinson

Postby TwoSheds » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Don't sugar-coat it Matthew - give it to him straight!

:D

Bobcat
Full Name: Mark Robson

Postby Bobcat » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:44 pm

If the arms are cleaned up well and a little copperslip used, rubber bushes go in relativley easily. I use a large vice and various 3/4"sockets. Never used a press.NOT EVEN FOR REMOVAL! :roll:
Mark, Amanda & the mud monsters!!

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:59 am

I've done both (rubber and poly) and as Mark said you can do it with a vice , sometimes, I've had successes and failures with both vice and press but is it worth the grief, I've also broken a vice trying to do a panhard rod bush (record vice not a cheapo one), why make life difficult for yourself. you can always sand all the rust off the inside of the holes in the arms to make it easier but by it's very nature you're making the hole bigger so the steel bush outer isn't as tight a fit as it should be, after you've struggled for a few hours , knackered a couple of bushes, bruised a few fingers and possible buggered your vice is the price difference really worth it, also once the poly's have been fitted once it's so much easier if you ever want to change them again.
Matthew

Return to “Technical Info”