Club Forum

What tyres ???

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

What tyres ???

Postby bandiflip » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Well.....thanks to a certain lady friend of mine,I have purchased a 1993 Rangerover Classic which is going to be be my new Off Roader.....Am well up on everything else but wondering what tyres to go for.
Soo.....your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated :)
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

Zedman
Full Name: Richard Bentley

Tyres

Postby Zedman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I must admit I cant fault the Cooper STT I have fitted, good off road yet very well behaved on tarmac, great in the snow also and I thought they were sensibly priced, I also notice that they seem popular on other club members vehicles.
Jeep wrangler / Defender owner
If its not rattling its more than likely fallen off !

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:42 pm

If you're after remoulds, I've gone for the Marix ones on mine after my Colway/Greenway Machos finally bit the dust.

The two mud patterns are the Puma and the Lion. Lion is a Simex copy, Puma are the ones I have which are the directional diamond type pattern.

http://www.newlifetyresonline.com/

Delivery is £5 per tyre, I might be able to get a club discount if it would be of interest. Online ordering is due to be completed any day now (when I find the problem with the payment gateway that is currently stopping it working !)

Remoulds are, fortunately, exempt from the new s-mark law, not sure which "new" tyres are still available to buy.

TwoSheds
Full Name: Roger Watkinson

Re: Tyres

Postby TwoSheds » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:16 am

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:56 am

I'll second the cooper STT's, the big question should be what size (are you planning on lifting it to fit bigger than the standard 206/16's if not you can't beat the good old 205/80/16 diamond , absolutely brilliant and not too pricey.

Rod
Full Name: tony

Postby Rod » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I would lift it and go for taller tyres unless you like getting stuck in the ruts,
what ever you go for do not leave it to long as the bigger tyres are harder to get and the prices are going up
Stercus fit !

olzook
Full Name: oliver heselton

Postby olzook » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 pm

davew wrote:If you're after remoulds, I've gone for the Marix ones on mine after my Colway/Greenway Machos finally bit the dust.

The two mud patterns are the Puma and the Lion. Lion is a Simex copy, Puma are the ones I have which are the directional diamond type pattern.

http://www.newlifetyresonline.com/

Delivery is £5 per tyre, I might be able to get a club discount if it would be of interest. Online ordering is due to be completed any day now (when I find the problem with the payment gateway that is currently stopping it working !)

Remoulds are, fortunately, exempt from the new s-mark law, not sure which "new" tyres are still available to buy.

Dave

What is the tread depth on the pumas?? Is Newlife Tyres part of redpaths empire?

Cheers

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Mine are around 16mm tread in the centre. Yes, Newlife Tyres are indeed part of the Redpath empire :)

Return to “Technical Info”