Club Forum

throttle cable

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
edward parker
Full Name: edward parker

throttle cable

Postby edward parker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:07 pm

hi think the throttle cable on my 300 tdi disco one has broken I am in York where is the best place to take it or will any one come mend it at my house and what should it cost thanks edd 07973782185

Bo
Full Name: Scot Chegg

Postby Bo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:08 pm

The cable on a 300 disco is really easy to change. Buy a new one so you can see what the ends look like then find the split pin at fuel pump end and take it out, remove the pin and the end of the cable will be free. Pull the large plastic adjuster nut free and that is the engine end disconnected.
Inside the Disco under the steering wheel, twist the two plastic screw driver slots 90 degrees and the large fuse box cover will fall down. get a torch and you should be able to see the top of the accelerator pedal. You will need to do some of this by feel, but remove the pin from the top of the pedal, exactly the same as you did at the pump end and from under the bonnet pull the old cable out of the rubber grommet in the bulk head.
To fit the new one do the reverse, i.e. pedal end first. Once you have the cable on at both ends, twist the large plastic nut at the pump end so you have about 3mm of up and down movement in the center of the exposed inner cable.
5/4 of people admit that they’re bad with fractions.

Return to “Technical Info”