Club Forum

Stolen vehicles and kit

Announcements and news items for club members
Lardrover
Full Name: Wayne Davies

Stolen vehicles and kit

Postby Lardrover » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Afternoon all

I saw a post on another forum about a stolen 110 and pasted the message to the EMLRA Forum, then got to thinking about it a little more. The theft was done at silly O'clock, people directly affected or informed might want to pass the news around without hindrance of access to forums. I've changed permissions on the EMLRA Forum for the Stolen section. If you think it's going to help, and who doesn't think that extra coverage isn't a good thing, anyone can now post in there about something that has been stolen. I'm advertising the fact as sometimes speed of notification can help if only for the feelings of the poor sod and his/her mates who are doing all they can to help out at the time.

Hope this helps when all seems lost. At the moment I've been posting this to sites that I mooch through occasionally, not sure if I want see it turned it into a campaign though.

All the best

Lardrover
Full Name: Wayne Davies

Postby Lardrover » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:02 pm

In't it marvelous. 2 posts already for meds and some other dodgy stuff. Ever get the feeling you hadn't bothered :)

madcalc
Full Name: david medd

Postby madcalc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Excellent idea, may make the 4x4 clubs closer!

Zedman
Full Name: Richard Bentley

I hate Criminals

Postby Zedman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Recently our warehouse got broken into at work £4000 of stock went, 2 days later we identified the items being sold on Ebay (100% certain because we were the only distributer that had imorted these items)

We even managed to get the guys address through face book and some digging on the net, he lives 1 mile away from the break in.

He had a criminal record also for burglary

Police responce, yes you guessed it

"Not enough evidence" to link him to the theft to act on, I suspect the the legal system is far to busy worrying about people in 4x4 making muddy lanes a bit muddier, and all the other social crap !!!
Jeep wrangler / Defender owner
If its not rattling its more than likely fallen off !

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Sounds about typical, the motorist is a much easier target.

Return to “News”