Club Forum

Polybush monopoly

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Polybush monopoly

Postby tecnick » Thu May 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi all, as mentioned in another section, I need to re-bush the ninety.
Does polybush have the monopoly on replacement bushes or are there any others that are worth buying. A full set is about £110 as far as I can see. I did buy some from Paddock for the Disco which were half the price but they were absolutely Sh....pants.

Also, information overload from RHB has blown my tiny mind. I have standard spring on at mo but have a full set of Procomp Es9000 which I believe are plus two inch. Will these be ok or am I in danger of them bottoming out and getting damaged :?: :?:

Any advice welcome

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 pm

SuperPro bushes are very good, me and Matthew run them on a variety of vehicles - I think both Matthew's 90 and Disco, my 100 inch and Pam's 90 all run SuperPro.

The ProComp shockers should be fine, they have bumpstops in the bottom of them so they should survive the odd "bottoming out" moment OK.

Rod
Full Name: tony

Postby Rod » Thu May 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Nick
I have just put some bushes in my hocky sticks from www.floflex.co.uk it,s to early to say how good they are.
Stercus fit !

jim
Full Name: James Poulton

Postby jim » Thu May 20, 2010 10:03 pm

I re-bushed my S1 hybrid with Deflex poly bushes from Paddocks and they stood up to all the punishment and abuse i gave them. I believe genuine poly bush are good but expensive and Brit Part bushes are Cr_p. I have + 2" shocks and springs but have fitted extended bump stops, so am not sure if they will bottom out with standard springs and bump stops.

If you are running 235 85 16 tyres you could leave the suspension standard with a 90 and still do well. You did manage third place at RHB! :lol:
Jim Poulton :)

tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Fri May 21, 2010 7:08 am

Thanks chaps, will have a look at superpro, google should help I guess.

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

nicks90
Full Name: Nick Clayton

Postby nicks90 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:06 am

If the procomps are +2" then you can fit them and not worry about bottoming them out using the standard bumpstops.
Ignore what springs are on, its how far you can compress them that matters not what their ride height is on tarmac!

I have +2" es9000 on my 90, standard bumpstops as well. When i fitted them i took the back springs out and lowered it down to ensure they were ok. With the axle sat on the stops i still had about 3/4" of the chrome piston showing, so no danger of them bottoming out and snapping off. Not sure on the fronts, but 9 years on they are still fitted and havent snapped or leaked (yet!).

Bushes, i am really tempted to ditch my polybushes and go back to standard genuine rubber metalastic ones. I hate them. Even though they are the genuine polybush 'Orange Dynamic' which are softer than the red bushes, i find them way to stiff. I can feel every lump and pebble on the road and it bangs and crashes over every hole. Flipping awful. The only reason i havent done it so far is the thought of taking all the radius arms back off and getting my local garage to press the genuine rubber ones in. Its not a task i really want to do right now... but i WILL do it sooner rather than later.
When i do it, i;m also going back to standard 90 springs. The lift doesnt really help offroad and its jsut too compromised on the road. Oh and i'm sick of replacing UJ`s due to the extra strain/angles they run at and putting up with less than perfect self centering on the steering and increased bumpsteer due ot the higher panhard and drag link angles.

lol - re-read my post and i;ve just realised i;m slowly returning my 90 back to standard!!!!!!! I think i'm finally coming to the conclusion that landrover actually did have it right first time round (except for the rubbish short shock absorbers)...
Bugger!
Another bloody dent...

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Fri May 21, 2010 9:29 am

Tecnick wrote:Thanks chaps, will have a look at superpro, google should help I guess.

Cheers Nick

4+4 sell them I believe, Matthew also has a contact with the importer as he arranged a free set for me for the Outback Challenge.

Return to “Technical Info”