Club Forum

Suspension bushes.

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
repton
Full Name: Paul Everett

Suspension bushes.

Postby repton » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Are SuperPro bushes still considered to be the ones to go for? The Polybush Blues I put in the 110 over 7 years ago are several years past their best so I think it's time to replace them...

Paul

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:29 pm

That's what I fit in everything .
Matthew

repton

Postby repton » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 am

Next question then: Are the castor correcting front hockey stick bushes worth the extra 50quid? I only have a fairly small lift on my 110 so I'm guessing it's not really worth it.

Who sells them the cheapest? Best I've found online so far is 140quid delivered for a full set here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0378566203

Ta,
Paul

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:18 am

I wouldn't bother with castor correction, you only really need it when you get above a 2-3 inch lift. The castor correction bushes tend to suffer from high wear too as they are asymmetrical.

Matthews
Treasurer

Postby Matthews » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Paul , I can do you a set at £130 but you'll have to arrange collection, alternatively I can do you a full set of arms with them fitted (2nd hand off my old 110 about 11/2 years usage) for £50.
Matthew

repton

Postby repton » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 pm

Matthews wrote:alternatively I can do you a full set of arms with them fitted (2nd hand off my old 110 about 11/2 years usage) for £50.

I'm tempted by that but I think I'll get a full set of new ones as knowing me it'll be another 7 years before I even think about replacing them again so second hand ones might be a false economy.

Thanks anyway for the offer.

I've got other things to think about anyway now, just failed the MoT this morning and the chassis needs welding at the back. Still I guess it's 20 years old now and it's the first welding it has needed so I can't really complain. I'm going to do some exploring this afternoon to decide if I'm brave enough to try and weld it myself or if I'm going to just fork out the money for them to do it.

Paul

Matthews
Treasurer

Postby Matthews » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:19 pm

I've got a 110 chassis that may be cut up if you want to make me an offer for any of it.
Matthew

repton

Postby repton » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Matthews wrote:I've got a 110 chassis that may be cut up if you want to make me an offer for any of it.

What sort of condition is it in? An afternoon of attacking it with a screwdriver has revealed that the offside chassis rail is rotten up to and just past the anti roll bar mounts so I'm considering the option of replacing pretty much everything from the spring mounts back.

From the pictures I've found online most of the "crossmember with extensions" things you can buy don't seem to be long enough to replace much of the rot so would probably be a waste of time...

Would you be interested in doing the welding? If you have a suitable bit of chassis I can bring the 110 over the leave it for you to do. At least that way I know it has been welded on properly.... I know it's a crappy job though so if you don't fancy it then I can sort something out here.

Paul

TwoSheds
Full Name: Roger Watkinson

Postby TwoSheds » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:59 pm

repton wrote: I know it's a crappy job

Too right! ;)

Matthews
Treasurer

Postby Matthews » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:31 pm

As far as I know its pretty very solid apart from the two outrigger bits on the rear crossmember as they have taken a bit of a pounding, they could be cut off and replaced with suitable box section (as I did on the 90 before mounting the cage on them) , yes I'd be happy to stick it on the back of your 110 but I'll have a good prod when I get back to work tom. Give me a ring and we can have a discussion.
Matthew

Return to “Technical Info”