Club Forum

Bonnet Hinge Bushes

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
varleym
Full Name: Mark Varley

Bonnet Hinge Bushes

Postby varleym » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:41 pm

All

Having a nightmare trying to get the bonnet to fit into the hard plastic bushes in the bulkhead part of the hinge. I've tried chamfering both the bush and the metal hinge on the bonnet but even with the bonnet off, the bush is a very tight fit.

Has anyone got experience of this and hopefully a simple solution to this cunning problem?

Cheers

Mark

Ps I've already snapped two bushes but fortunately I had two spares but can't afford to snap another one!

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:57 pm

I have a bag of spares somewhere... got to love LR minimum order qty !

Without seeing it it's difficult to know what's going on as I've never had the problem - is the roll cage on ?

Are you sure you've got the bonnet vertical enough before slotting it into the bushes ?

Are the hinges slightly loose so they can move as you slot them in ?

If you get stuck for inspiration give me a shout and I'll pop over and take a look. It should just be a case of putting the bushes in so the slots are vertical and dropping the bonnet vertically down into them, I've never had one give me any problems.

varleym
Full Name: Mark Varley

Postby varleym » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:18 am

Dave

Yes, the roll cage is on but it looks like the hinges will line up. The plastic bushes are VERY tight once you knock them into the bulkhead part of the hinge, indeed I broke one of them trying to turn it with a screwdriver when it was in place.

If you're goin to be be passing on your way back from Warrington or whatever give me a bell as it would be useful to have some assistance from someone who's done it before.

Cheers

Mark

Return to “Technical Info”