Club Forum

35 INS TYRES

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
olzook
Full Name: oliver heselton

35 INS TYRES

Postby olzook » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:21 pm

How much arch trimming is needed on the 90 to fit 35s???

Dave/Matthew ?????

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:30 pm

You only need to lose a bit on the leading and trailing edges of the spats, I just kept trimming until they stopped catching, it also depends on wheel size/ET and suspension (I needed to trim more off with the 10x16 with-32ET than the 7X16 with +8ET), tinsnips or very big scissors are ideal for trimming, you do know we've been looking at phasing out Simex's and simexalikes over the next year or so for club trials due to the damage they do to the land don't you (ie if you've already got them wear them out but don't buy any new ones for club trials, MT is max aggressiveness for club trials, 35's are crap for steering lock unless your running big -ve ET wheels and then you hit canes cause they stick out so far no win I'm afraid).
Matthew

olzook
Full Name: oliver heselton

Postby olzook » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Yep I know about the phasing out of simex and copies but what about Creepy Crawlers?? not as agressive :?

And yes I know 35s are crap for trials but I still have challenge aspiartions and am looking at doing two events later this year so what do you do, apart form getting two sets the only alternative is some sort of compromise.

nicks90
Full Name: Nick Clayton

Postby nicks90 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:50 am

i think it would be better to run 2 sets.
a cheapo set of 235/85 on 8 spokes can be had part worn for very little money from Phils electronic girlfriend, which isnt a lot when you consider how much a set of 35" simex and beadlocked big backspaced wheels cost. Plus think of how much longer the expensive tyres will last, knowing you wont be using them on the road and driving to trials etc.
Why compromise your trialling AND future challenge events by getting something not very aggressive, so you struggle from grip on challenges and constantly hit canes on trials?
Bugger!
Another bloody dent...

bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

Postby bandiflip » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Oi !!! :x
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

Return to “Technical Info”