Club Forum

My mate Stu

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

My mate Stu

Postby tecnick » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:00 pm

My mate bought a disco against my better judgement. He blew head gasket within weeks of ownership and opted for a new head. large pot of cash later blew gasket on new head a few weeks later. Had it skimmed. New gasket. Checked cooling, flushed rad and changed fan. just blown gasket again. :shock: any ideas before he cashes in his chips and takes a loan for a non LR motor.

Chers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

Matthews
Treasurer
Full Name: Matthew Sykes

Postby Matthews » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Take it back to the guy that put the new head on and ask him to do it properly FOC. If a new head was fitted and everything checked (i.e rad, stat, fan ) then there is no reason for it blowing again, if he didn't check the rad and change the stat then he didn't do it properly, main reason for heads going on tdi's is getting too hot usually caused by cooling problems and in rare cases pump and turbo turned right up. I've turned down a number of K series head gasket jobs because potential customer wouldn't pay for new stat and water pump and timing belt but all the ones I've done have never come back to bite me .
Do the job properly and do it once .

Bo
Full Name: Scot Chegg

Postby Bo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Disco Stu, are you taking the pi$$? :lol:
Attachments
stu.gif
stu.gif (11.15 KiB) Viewed 13226 times
5/4 of people admit that they’re bad with fractions.

Santa
Full Name: Robert Christmas

Postby Santa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Make shore that new head bolts used as they shoud only be used once also are not torqued up but done by degrees in stages

Return to “Technical Info”