For directions and information on the camp site visit their web site we have arranged to camp in their rally field and have negotiated a rate of £9 per night per unit. As you will see the site has all the normal facilities, showers, toilets etc...Camping is available on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night, those leaving on Monday will be able to leave their vans at the site into the evening without further payment.
Saturday scrutineering will take place at the camp site before the BBQ
Sunday scrutineering starts at 9.00am, closing at 10am with the trial starting by 10.30am.
This event is being run under an MSA permit. Full SR's for the event will be available to view on the day or can be supplied on request. An extract of the most relevant parts is given below. Tyro regulations are similar but allow drivers as young as 13 without a full RTA license, passengers of any age in suitable seats - contact us for more details or see the MSA blue book. You will need to be a member of the YORC or an invited club to compete, you can join on the day
- All drivers must produce a valid Club Membership Card at ‘signing on'.
- Only one passenger aged over 16 may be carried on a vehicle during an observed section. This minimum age is reduced to 14 providing the vehicle is fitted with seat belts and either a manufacturers hard top, truck cab or a roll bar. The minimum age is further reduced to 12 where the vehicle is a road legal, mass produced production vehicle retaining the original hardtop or truck cab and where the seat belts comply with K2.1.1 (In a soft top vehicle without a roll bar the passenger must be at least 16) (P41.1.13).
- The passenger shall be properly seated, the seat backs shall be upright and the seats adequately fixed. All occupants must wear an approved seat belt at all times. No passenger to be carried in the rear of the vehicle.
- The same driver must drive throughout a competition and except with official approval, the people carried at the start of an event must not change during the event (P25.2).
- The starting order will be allocated by the clerk of course (D10.1.9).
The following regulations are amended as stated
- J5.20.4 Seat belts are mandatory
- P60.2.2 Towing points need not be painted in a contrasting colour
- P41.2.3 Competition numbers need not be displayed
- P56.6 The use of TUV Approved hub adapters/wheel spacers up to a maximum of 30mm depth are allowed
- P56.8.2 None OE Torque biasing and locked differential are permitted
- J5.20.5 Fixed cameras/videos carried on board a vehicle are subject to written approval of the Organisers and of the Chief Scrutineer
- J5.20.6 Vehicles of a commercial type are allowed
- J56.7.1 A spare wheel and tyre need not be carried
Entries will be divided into classes based on wheel-base and suspension type.
Class 1: Leaf sprung under 100” wheel base
Class 2: Leaf sprung,100” wheel base and over
Class 3: Coil Sprung under 100” wheel base
Class 4: Coil sprung,100” wheel base and over
If you are unsure or need any clarification, please contact Dave or Matthew.
OS Ref. SE 57030 88060 for the GPS users amongst us !
Click here for a map showing the trials site (arrowed).
From Helmsley take the B1257 towards Reivaulx Abbey. The site is approximately 3 miles from Helmsley on the right hand side.